New developer kit to streamline the design of Horticulture lighting solutions
The market for horticulture lighting is a flourishing and fast growing market. And the considerable benefits LED based lighting solutions offer in comparison to HPS have created a growing demand.Please click here for horticulture modules from CEZOS
However, the large number of application fields for lighting systems in the garden space also leds to a number of specific requirements that must be considered when developing and testing new lighting systems.
The LLFY partners Osram Opto Semiconductors, Cezos, Mechatronix and LEDiL have created a modular Developer Kit which will help designers to accelerate the testing and development process. In-depth marketing experience as well as market research of the involved partners were incorporated into the development of this set, which allows a high degree of flexibility and component variation for the designers.
A completed reference design complements the offer with a standard or customized gardening light solution from Cezos.
- horticulture - Wavelength and mmol/s can be adjusted according to the plant
- Designers and manufacturers of horticulture lighting systems benefit from the choice of a ready-made standard solution as well as customizable options from the component set of trusted technology partners for an accelerated product development.
- The involved LLFY partners also support the promotion of designs based on the development kit and therefore help in promoting the solutions to an expanded client basis.
Thermal management engineering, Heatsink engineering and manufacturing, Thermal interface materials
LED Power suppliers/drivers
Project consulting / LED solutions, LED modules
- Ready-made standard solutions or customizable modules by Cezos:
The standard solution is available in different LED colors. It offers four channels for individual control options of the desired weave lengths e.g. required during the different growth phases of plants. With this option greenhouse operators gain a high flexibility and a more efficient support of their plant’s different growth phases as well as a targeted influence on the contained substances and taste of their crop – which ultimately results in cost savings and a higher profit from better produce.
- LED options by Osram Opto Semiconductors:
Optional constellations for all weave-lengths. The reference design features the most commonly used weave lengths (1 x hyper red + 1x far red + 1x deep blue + 1x cool white).
- Heat sink unit by Mechatronix:
Due to the geometric design the unit can be easily expanded both lengthways and crossways. It can be used for both passive and active cooling (via fan or heat pipes).
- Secondary Optics by LEDiL:
Available in different radiation characteristics to enable the best options for a highly homogeneous lighting level for different hang points or heights.
- EuRepTec & ICT SUEDWERK, responsible for the passive electrically insulating Thermal-Interface-Material between LED Module and heat sink, tested different TIM variants with the objective of an optimum surface connection and with the result of an effective thermal path (TIM).